Many historic artifacts belonging to the Lake City Historical Society are on display from 8-4:30 M-F in the 2nd floor ballroom of the Lake City City Hall. There is also a Pearl Button / Clamming Museum located on the 1st floor of the Lake Pepin Pearl Button Co. building. The Marina building has a display featuring a pair of Ralph Samuelson’s skis and a navigation lantern lit by Sarah Kim.
Anyone interested in historic research and/or viewing historic photographs and other written material can contact Don Schwartz at 651-345-2692 or e mail him at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A small donation to the Lake City Historical Society will be requested for historic research.
Before selling Lake City related items, consider donating them to the Lake City Historical Society. Even items from Lake City’s “recent past” are welcome. Call Eloise Blattner at 651-345-3063 or e mail her at (email@example.com).
This is the 1st page of The Pepinette, a newsletter published by Company 713 of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) on May 24th, 1940. CCC Co. 713 was located on the site of Camp Lakeview, the former National Guard camp just south of Lake City. It was recently donated by James Sanders of Kettle River, MN.
James Sanders also donated this CCC Co. 713 jacket patch.
President Eloise Blattner and secretary/curator Don Schwartz display the 13 star Betsy Ross flag recently donated by Carmen Heck Edwards of Red Wing, MN.